Friday, August 14, 2009

EWWWwwWWWww

So today I had off work, but picked up a shift at the gym life guarding ( i do that part time for the extra dough) and I swam before my shift.  Well I was working from 12-330, and I started swimming at 1115...I dont like to eat before I work out, so  I picked up a power protein bar on my way in to eat in between.
ANYWAYS after i swam and before my shift i ate the bar.  About half way through it I started to think about what I was eating.  It has a gooey texture with a vanilla flavor...then all of a sudden it hit me "this doesnt taste like any natural kind of food what-so-ever".

Then I started to read the wrapper.  It was filled with words that I wouldnt even begin to know what they mean!  At this point i was chewing and became throughly disgusted.  

I decided then and there that I am not going to eat foods with ingredients that I dont know the name of, or cant pronounce.  What chemical was I putting into my body?  I had no idea!  Ugh it was soooo gross...the texture, the taste of that bar was sooo unnatural!  It didn't taste bad...it just tasted totally fake!  I thought "how is this helping my body?".  God put fruits and vegetables and meat on this earth that are delicious and healthy for our bodies, and what was I doing?  After thinking about it for a while, these foods have an amazing taste to them, but we have been so numbed to it because we eat all this fake chemicals on ice cream and Doritos (addictive!) and whatever else.  These flavors are made to be so intense, we forget just how delicious a natural plum can be over anything in a bag.  

Anyways, next time you eat something that is coming out of a box, a bag, or a wrapper, read the ingredients...it might help you to think twice before eating that...whatever it is!

1 comment:

  1. Great realization E! I had to come to that conclusion too. Now, if I don't know what an ingredient is, I look it up and research it. People make fun of me because I will take out my phone and google it right away... but like you said... why put something in your body if you don't even know what it is!?! I also look at the ingredients in everything! Why eat a protein bar that has 10g of sugar in it? That's not good AT ALL!

    Look into the CLIF bars girl! I've done my research on them and I highly recommend them as a good protein bar.

    ReplyDelete