Welcome August! So I have been officially been "dieting" for a month. Stats today:
Starting Weight: 185
Current Weight: 177
Week weight lost: 3 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 8 lbs
Again, Sat I started the day at 175, and sunday too, but sunday had mac and cheese...ugh! its ok though, I think again, this weight was a water flux. and after being good today i will weight 175 tomorrow thus pretty much having acheived my goal.
I am so excited for August! I think this is a very pivitol month when it comes to my weight loss plan. Month 2 is where I could potentially have lost 15 pounds, and soon be seeing the 160s :D....just the thought of that makes me want to go run 3 miles!
Some goals that I am going to commit myself to doing are going to be more aerobic in nature than than my diet. I am going to hitt he gym 5 times a week. 3 for cardio/ 2 for weights. All of august. I have certain goals on how to shape my body...I want/need to do a lot of toning with the arms (very important when it comes to a bridal gown!) and toning the thighs (very important when it comes to a honeymoon!) hahahaha :) But yes, i am really looking forward to being a work-out fiend this month! Mean while i also want to keep up my healthy eating habits- for go the mac and cheese...and occasional ice cream :) Like i keep telling myself, i will have it next month!
Ok, here I go for month 2!!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Plan for August sounds good Erica! I'm working on toning my arms this month too. I think nice toned arms are really sexy, on girls and guys! Plus, I'm tired of looking at pictures of myself and just seeing huge arms! haha. I think I'm going to try and swim laps once or twice a week. Swimming is really good for toning right? I'm not really good at swimming, but I figure any kind of swimming back and forth is work... even if it's just the doggy paddle!
ReplyDeleteHey, I know you are trying to change your eating habits completely, but we all get cravings and have to indulge sometimes or we'll go crazy. I love ice cream too so I went ahead and bought some of these: http://www.skinnycow.com/myproducts/bars.php?myflavor=fudge
They are only 100 calories a piece, so a good low cal, low fat dessert. The ice cream bars are good too, because the portions are measured, you're not scooping out of a container so you don't have the urge to get that 1 extra scoop. A little treat every once in a while isn't bad :)
I need to work on not drinking this month! Still my downfall. I need to just give it up completely for awhile. My one drink rule isn't working too well... 1 always turns into at least 3. Then comes the guilt the next day for drinking hundreds of unnecessary calories when I'm working for these last 10 pounds!
Let's have a good start to August!
those last few pounds I hear are so hard! drinking has so mnay empty calories! I hear that if you want to feel social and just have a drink...have 1 or 2 with diet coke, and then just have the diet coke- it looks like you are drinking, you have a slight buzz, and you can skip the calories. Also, vodka and water isnt as bad as it sounds...true! This weekend I am going to a caub ib WVA with a group of people witht he intention of geting drunk...its going to be so hard!! I have to mentally prepare all week!
ReplyDeleteswimming is excellent for arms! I always feel so much more confident after a swim when it comes to my arms...it sucks that is one of the hardest areas to look good, and the one you expose the most! They are definitely worth the time to tone up :) August = arims month, we should post are measurements and then see where we are at the end of the month :)
I will have to look into the skinny cows for sure! I would be nice to have an indulgnace without savings the calories for it or having the guilt. Though I have really been conscious about the sweets I eat anyways, my downfall for last month was yesterday eating 2/3 a box of mac n cheese! GRRRRRUUGGHH! but its pretty much all i ate all day, oh well, these things happen
Yeah, I usually drink rum and diet. It's just so hard to stop at 1 or 2, especially when everyone else is still drinking. I need to start getting in the right mindset before I go out. I don't have to get drunk to have a good time!... especially when, not only is drinking just empty calories, but then the late night Sheetz run (which, yes I did this weekend... :/ ) which usually follows is even worse. I can do this!
ReplyDeleteI'm for it! August is arms month! :) I will take measurements tonight!... On top of swimming, I have a resistance band in my office. I need to start taking a 15 minute break during the day and doing some exercises! Why not? May make that afternoon hunger go away too! Check this new website I found! http://www.sleevelessin7.com/ Have only read a few articles, but it looks pretty interesting!
Exactly. Treats like that are good to have around! A good way to reward yourself, without feeling guilty!
oh no! late night Sheetz run! no good at all..i used to live across the street from a Wawa, so i totally feel your pain.
ReplyDeletedang Alyson, I just had the hugest tuna melt sandwich of all time and am sooo stuffed...hopefully it will last me the rest of the day because it filled up my calorie limit! though, i think on cardio work out days i will be eating 1500....
that site is great btw! you find the best places to get such helpful info, i need to start doing my fare share of research too...
and so Augsut arm month begins! i will take my measurements too and post :)
AND I need to bring my resistance band to work too! whats a fabulous idea!
ReplyDeleteHaha. Yeah, luckily I only ended up getting half a steak and cheese sub, and only ate half of it. After a night of beer pong though, was not necessary! Stores like that are the worst... They have everything that is bad for you, but SO tasty! No more late night runs for me...
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, love tuna melts :) If you get hungry later, just eat a bunch of veggies. Can't go wrong there! Cucumbers have been my newest addiction. My dad grows them in his garden, so I go get them from his house, and just eat them whole! Yummy!
Haha. I find good sites because I am addicted to google! As soon as we decided August was arm month I was on google searching "how to get sexy arms - for women". Then I lose an hour of my work day doing research. lol. Oh well.
So, the whole reason I got back on here was to tell you that I've done 2 sets of arm exercises with my resistance band so far today! Don't know why I haven't started doing this sooner! You should take yours to work too. I think I'm going to make it a daily thing. What's 15 minutes a day?
Can't wait to not have arm rolls anymore (which I actually have!) Not flattering!! lol.
oh man, I am totally bringing my band to work, thats great Alyson! when I put my arm out in front of me with me palm facing up, from my elbow to my shoulder is this sagging undefined skin just HANGING there!!! in my mind im like "how did this HAPPEN!"
ReplyDeleteso I have been doing some rearch myself to day (boss is out, weeeeeeeeee) and I think since I am working out more this month, i am also going to change up my eating habits to 5 small meals a day...right now i am just eating breakfast and lunch pretty much and nothing for dinner...i keep seeing things that say thats metabolic suicide!
but anyways, sexy arms here we come!!
Haha.... I know what you mean! I have that too. It's not as bad as it used to be (thanks to many workouts with Jillian), I still see photos of myself in sleeveless shirts, and my arms take up half the photo! That must end! It's so empowering knowing there is something we can do about it, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteYeah, 5 small meals is really the best. I try to do a big breakfast and then 3 small meals. Since I can't eat dinner until late, I have to have a snack in between meals. You definitely don't want to starve yourself, because you will still lose weight, but as I said before it will be hard to get a toned figure, because your muscle will be lost. 5 small meals lets your body digest food quicker (you have less in your stomach), keeps your energy up, keeps you feeling full all day. Definitely a good plan :)