Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sick

So the past two days I have woke up pretty sick, with my throat on fire and a deep cough in my chest. This has impacted my dog walking in the mornings..which leaves me with less calories to eat for the day. :( I want to go to the gym tomorrow to run, but not sure if running while having a cough/cold thing is a good idea...I will go but if I have to just walk and take it easy i will.

Did you know you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound? from calorie-count.about.com i have learned that my sedentary life style (car-train-work 10 hrs-train-car-sleep) burns 1900 calories in a day...that is with no exercise, just to live. I need to have a 500 calorie deficit every day of the week just to lose ONE pound a week. That gives me 1400 calorie allowance. Since I am only doing 1200 a day I burn 4900 calories a week- so i hopefully will lose at least 1.25 a pound a week- just by eating less calories. Hopefully with my sporadic exercise, this will bump me up to two pounds a week :) anyways, I never really knew that is how it worked...oh human anatonmy.

5 comments:

  1. That's what I used to do too... I found out that I needed 2230 calories per day. So I decided to eat 1530 calories and then burn 300/day in exercise. Then on days I didn't exercise I would compensate for by eating less. It worked for me before, so this is what I'm going to try and do now too!

    Another great site that I frequent is PEERtrainer.com. I'm addicted to the community forum. You can pretty much post any question, story, etc... and you usually get good feedback. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just checked out peertrainer! what a great site! i dont know if i will join since i have this blog and am already doing calorie count...though I liked the idea of the daily email for accountability! I will prob get on there to read success stories and forums...I hope i can be one of those people too..sometimes imagining myself 20 pounds thinner seems impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I love PEERtrainer. I'm a member, but I'm not part of a group or team or whatever. I just joined to get the daily email tips and so I can post questions/comments on the forum.

    You can do it Erica! I said the same thing when I got started... but trust me, once you start to lose the weight and really see/feel the results... that feeling for me, was more of a high than eating my favorite dessert. Know what I mean? I don't mean to sound all weird, but it's just really a great feeling and it will start to drive you even more. I hate sometimes that I have to work so hard to lose weight... but then sometimes I think it's cool to see my hard work pay off, when I can run a little longer, do a few more push ups or sit ups. Then just knowing that I am healthy and I can shape my body to be strong and look good... and then you won't want to come home at the end of the night and eat a pint of B&J's... you'll be to proud of your success.... see I'm getting all weird on you again! lol... It's just a great feeling! We can do it!!!!!!!!

    (I added extra exlamation points just for you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks alyson- your support means so much to me...I want this so bad!

    ReplyDelete